Friday 15 July 2016

Below the line

I think maybe everyone who takes bird photos has a hard-drive somewhere filled with thousands of large file digital images that they just can't bring themselves to delete. Recently I was checking through some of these and came across a lot of old images that for one reason or another I never ever processed . Well, some I had processed but quite frankly the end result was......more than a little bit crap. However, back when I first picked up a camera and pointed it at a bird I always cropped the image to within an inch of its life. Now, I'm a little less likely to do that and when I treat some old images this way they look better - or at least a little less crappy. Anyway, sorting through them brought back some good memories (mostly of my time in County Cork) and reminded me that I had since some damn fine birds. Here's a selection of those that at the time never made the cut as well as s few that haven't ever appeared on my blog!

Pied-billed Grebe, Great Island, Cork - December 2010
Buff-breasted Sandpiper, Ballycotton, Cork - September 2010
Pectoral Sandpiper, Ballycotton, Cork - September 2011

Wilson's Phalarope, Douglas Estuary, Cork - September 2011

Semi-palmated Sandpiper, Ballycotton, September 2008





White-rumped Sandpiper, Clonea Strand, Waterford - October 2010
Sabines' Gull, Cobh - September 2009








Ivory Gull, Baltimore, Cork - March 2009

Red-throated Pipit, Ballycotton, Cork - November 2009
Swainson's Thrush, Dirk Bay, Cork - October 2008
Arctic Warbler, Cape Clear Island, Cork - October 2009
Melodious Warbler, Old Head of Kinsale, Cork - September 2008
Blackpoll Warbler, Garinish, Cork - October 2009


Northern Waterthrush, Olly Gulley, Cape Clear - August 2008

Yellow-rumped Warbler, Michael Vincent's garden, Cape Clear - October 2010

Yellow Warbler, Michael Vincent's garden, Cape Clear - August 2008
Scarlet Tanager, Garinish, Cork - October 2008

White-throated Sparrow, Lighthouse Road, Cape Clear - October 2008

Ortolan Bunting, Old Head of Kinsale - September 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment